Career workshops can help you with your career planning and work search. Here are some of the workshops we offer:
A well-crafted resume:
- reflects your skills, knowledge, and education
- matches them to the job you are seeking
Learn how to develop a resume that gets you the job interview.
Cover letters should be specific to each job you apply for. Learn how to write cover letters that will make you stand out.
Be ready for your next job interview! This workshop shows you how to:
- prepare in advance
- answer questions during the interview
- follow up afterward
What is an informational interview? Why is it a great information-gathering activity? How do you go about getting one?
Informational interviews can help you:
- gather information to focus your job search
- identify transferable skills
- make career decisions
- set your career direction
You will work on your own interview questions and telephone script. Learn all the information and tools you need to conduct successful informational interviews.
Strategies for Finding Work
Are you getting the results you want from your job search? If not, this workshop is for you!
We will discuss:
- why you should know what you want to do
- which job search techniques will help you land that next job
You’ll also learn:
- what an active versus a passive job search is
- how employers prefer to hire
- how to network
- how to arrange an informational interview
- what telephone strategies to use
- how to track the jobs you have applied for
Learn from a Journeyman Instructor who currently works up north:
- how to target your resume
- networking strategies for a job in the oil and gas industry
This workshop includes training in:
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- First Aid
- H2S Alive – so you’re aware of the properties and dangers of hydrogen sulfide gas